Dear Potential Student
We hope and trust that you are well and staying safe in these unprecedented times. As I am sure you are aware Sail Due South has not been able to operate due to the government enforced Covid-19 lockdown. Up until this point we have been reluctant to accept any deposits or monies for upcoming courses as we did not know when or how we would fulfil the courses and commitments and we thank you for your patience and the many enquiries which we have received in this time.
The phasing process of South Africa’s lockdown restrictions has begun and although we are uncertain of exactly when we will be able to continue operating, we suspect it will be in the coming few months, in line with the imminent easing of restrictions. We are excited to get started and are humbled by the many booking enquiries which we are receiving from students eager to secure their courses with Sail Due South in order to begin as soon as possible. For us to successfully plan and execute the logistics required, we need to open our course bookings once again.
We feel it is only fair that you as students do not risk losing your monies for factors relating to Covid-19 that are out of your control. We would like to offer all students peace of mind for any course booking deposits paid and therefore we are implementing a ‘financial guarantee’ attached to any deposits paid to Sail Due South as follows:
1. Standard T&C’s, booking forms and a 50% deposit is required to secure your position on the next available course.
2. All monies paid from this day forward will be held in a Money Market Trust Account.
3. Should Sail Due South not be able to fulfil the course due to Covid-19 restrictions only will be refunded to the respective student without penalty.
4. This agreement refers only to factors related to Sail Due South being restricted to operate by Covid19 lockdown restrictions or related matters. Should a student decide to cancel his or her course for any other reason outside of Covid19 restrictions, our standard Terms and Conditions will apply.
5. As soon as we are permitted to operate, a reasonable timeline for course start dates (as soon as possible) will be published. We envision a 2 – 3 week notice period to enable us to tend to our yachts (which have been standing still), and give us time to get all operating procedures and logistics in place. 6. Once notice of start dates is confirmed and published this addendum terms and conditions falls away and all bookings are subject to our standard T&C’s.
Due to the fact that we cannot currently set dates, courses will be numbered, starting at 1 (first course to start), and once that course is full we will start bookings for course number 2 and so on. Students will be made aware of which course their booking and berth is secured on. We are able to operate up to 3 to 4 courses simultaneously, with slightly stagnated start dates.
For all International students needing to travel from outside of South Africa we will only be able to secure booking from course 2 onwards. This will give ourselves and the prospective student a bit longer of a time window to ensure they can in fact travel to South Africa. In this case, should the student not be able to make the course dates, we will automatically offer either a refund or the option to move their booking to the next available course start dates.
Once again, we would like to thank each of you for your ongoing support and interest in choosing Sail Due South to deliver world class, internationally accredited training.
It is times like these that we feel so grateful and humbled by every single person that supports us, and give us a chance to build the company up again and rise to new even higher heights.
We are ready for you!
Fair winds and stay safe!
Shane Smith Director / Principal Sail Due South
Phone: +27 (0) 22 772 2168
News & Courses
Keep an eye on this page or subscribe to our feed for the latest news, tips and promotions.